Supporting Aboriginal Literacy in the NWT
- What do you think the NWT Literacy Council does? Are you aware of
all the services we offer?
- What are your priorities for your language? What areas are you currently
working on? Do you use the standardized Dene orthography in written
- Is there any common ground between the work of the NWT Literacy
and your work?
- What do the words 'literacy' and 'family literacy' mean to you from an
Aboriginal perspective? What is Aboriginal literacy?
- What are some of the traditional ways in which Aboriginal literacy was
- What different forms of oral literacy were used/could be used
- How can oral literacy approaches and written literacy co–exist
to support each other?
- What do you have in place to support literacy
skills development, training,
tools? What more do you need to help you?
- Do you see a role for the Literacy Council in promoting
the use of Aboriginal languages/Aboriginal literacy? What would it be?
What might the key messages be in promoting the use
of Aboriginal languages?
- What about in training? (proposal writing/teaching methodologies …)
- What about in resource development?
- What about in research?
- Are there any other areas where the Literacy Council
might be able to support you?