WITH WORD CLUES
Write A (add), S (subtract), M (multiply), or D (divide) after each
problem, to tell how you would work it if you knew the numbers.
- How would you change nickels to cents?
- How would you change dimes to nickels?
- How do you change nickels to quarters?
- How do you change yards to feet?
- How do you change cents to dimes?
- If you know the cost of one drum, how do you find the cost of several
- If you buy several different things, how do you find the total cost?
- Joey knows his weight now. He also knows his weight last year. How
can he find how much more he weighs now?
- If you know how much money you spent at the Northern Store and also
how much you had left after the Northern Store, how can you find how
much you had at first?
- Dave knows how much money he has now. He also knows how much it
costs to buy a softball. How can he find how much money he will have
left after he buys the ball?
- If you know the ages of Ted and Agnes, how do you find the differences
in their ages?