Community Scavenger Hunt
Holding a scavenger hunt is a great way to have lots of fun with your friends,
family and neighbours.
- Prepare a list of items that each team must find or use the list on
the next page.
- Give each team the list of items that they must find.
- Give each team a bag to hold their collected items.
- As a group, decide and set the rules. For example,
- Teams must ask the owner’s permission before borrowing something.
- Teams must return anything that they’ve borrowed.
- Teams must be back by ______________. (decide the time)
- You may wish to add different items to the list. You might include that
teams must get the signature of a particular person in town… the
mayor, the chief, a teacher. (Be sure to have their permission first!)
- The first team to come back with all of the items wins.
- You may wish to assign point values to each of the items. Items that are
more difficult to find get a higher point value. The team with highest
number of points would be the winner.
- Finish the day with a barbeque and award the prizes!