We All Scream for Ice Cream!
This experiment will make some yummy ice cream from scratch.
What you need:
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup of milk or half and half
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 sandwich size ziplock baggie
- 1 larger sized ziplock baggie
- 2 tablespoons rock salt
- duct tape
- In the smaller ziplock baggie, mix the milk, vanilla and sugar.
- Squeeze out the extra air and seal the baggie with duct tape so it won’t leak.
- Put the small baggie into the larger baggie and fill it with ice, and salt. Adding salt to the ice will help make the ice cream get colder faster.
- Squeeze the air out of the large baggie and seal it closed with duct tape, so the baggie won’t leak.
- Now, gently massage the baggies or throw them gently into the air for about 10 ‐15 minutes. You can wrap a towel around the baggies so that your hands won’t freeze.
- Discard the larger baggie and the ice/salt mixture.
- When ready, eat the ice cream directly from the baggie.