6-2: A Night Without Television — Action Research
Often people say that they have so much fun when the power goes out. They play games, tell stories and spend time with their families.
This project is about spending time with your children and family.
This research project has three elements.
- Research different family literacy activities you can do at home with your children or other family members. Make a list of these activities.
- Choose one evening and turn the television off. Use the ideas that you researched and make a fun plan for your evening.
- Write a one page report on your evening. Answer the following questions in your report.
- What activities did you do?
- How did your children or family members feel about the evening?
- How did you feel about the evening?
- Would you do it again? Why or why not?