Plain Language Research
Find out about the experiences of other provincial and territorial jurisdictions
with implementing plain language policy and practices, with a view to
recommending a plan the GNWT could follow to implement plain language
- What is out there? What is the policy or framework for plain language?
- How did you get there? What was the process for getting where you
are now? Champions? Top down or bottom up process?
- What were the biggest challenges?
- What were the opportunities or things that made it possible?
- How do you know you are there? Are all public documents produced
in plain language?
- What other documents?
- What is the public response? Internal response?
- Who determines what is plain language?
- Can you measure impact?
- A summary of approaches taken by other jurisdictions or agencies
- What would support for plain language in the GNWT look like?
- Roadmap for GNWT on actions to take
- Where to house responsibility in GNWT (now interdepartmental Literacy
- What are the steps GWNT needs to take
- How to encourage discussion about what plain language would look
like in each department