The family and community literacy coordinator is responsible for developing and delivering training, developing resources, and providing support services to community organizations and other groups interested in family and community literacy.
Candidates must have:
• A post-secondary degree or diploma in education, early childhood development or community development, or equivalent
• Training in family literacy
• 3 –5 years experience in family literacy, preferably in the NWT
• Strong facilitation, consultation and team building skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent written, verbal and computer skills
• The ability to travel, sometimes extensively
This is a full-time, one-year term position with the possibility of renewal and is based in Yellowknife. Salary is based on the candidate’s abilities and experience. Job Description
or call our office for more information.
Employment is dependent on a successful criminal records check.
Submit resumes by Friday, July 22nd, 2016
at 5:00 pm to:
NWT Literacy Council
Yellowknife, NT X1A 2N6
The NWT Literacy Council builds capacity through literacy training, research, resource development, and promotion for the benefit of all Northerners.