National Family Literacy Day is a national awareness initiative, held annually on January 27th. This special day promotes families reading and doing other literacy-related activities together. Take 15 minutes a day to learn with your family!
The NWT Literacy Council encourages communities, schools, families and organizations to celebrate family literacy day in their own unique way. Many communities or schools celebrate the whole week by hosting several family literacy events.
When: Saturday, January 25th at 2:15-3:45 pm
Where: NACC Lobby
Games and activities in the lobby are FREE!
Join the NWT Literacy Council at the Children’s
Festival of Silliness!
Visit www.naccnt.ca for information on other
activities all weekend long!
Family Literacy Day 2014
- Children Need Play Every Day (PDF - 756 KB)
- Family Literacy Infographic (PDF - 1.4 MB)
- You can borrow Family Literacy Resources (PDF - 356 KB)
- Ideas for Family Literacy Day (PDF - 116 KB)
- Idées pour la Journée de l'alphabétisation familiale! (PDF - 131 Ko)
- Family Literacy Day Tips (PDF - 219 KB)
- Trucs en alphabétisation familiale pour les parents (PDF - 93 Ko)
- How did you celebrate Family Literacy Day? (PDF - 98k)
- Comment avez-vous célébré la Journée de l'alphabétisation familiale? (PDF - 90 Ko)