The Project Specialist (Intern)-Family Literacy is responsible for developing and delivering training, developing resources, and providing support services to community organizations and other groups interested in family literacy. This is a term position from July 18, 2022 to July 17, 2023.
Candidates must have:
- A recent post-secondary degree or diploma in education, early childhood education, community development or social sciences.
- An understanding of community-based literacy programs around the NWT.
- Some experience in working or volunteering with individuals, communities, and organizations to build and/or develop skills.
- Experience working and/or living in a northern context.
- Strong facilitation, consultation and team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written, verbal and computer skills
- The ability to travel, sometimes extensively.
- Vaccination against COVID-19.
- Driver’s license is an asset.
This is a full-time, 12-month term position based in Yellowknife. Salary is based on the candidate’s abilities and experience. You can download a copy of the job description from our website: www.nwtliteracy.ca, or call our office for more information.
Employment is dependent on a successful criminal records check.
Submit resume and cover letter by Monday, July 4 at noon to:
Executive Director- Kathryn Barry Paddock
NWT Literacy Council
The NWT Literacy Council is a non-government territorial organization that promotes and supports the development of literacy in all official languages of the NWT. We encourage the application of Indigenous youth, LGBTQ2+ youth, visible minorities (youth), youth with disabilities, youth who are new Canadians, and language minorities. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in this competition.