The Family and Community Literacy Coordinator is responsible for developing and delivering training, developing resources, and providing support services to community organizations and other groups interested in family literacy. This is a term position from January 5, 2022 to March 31, 2023.
Candidates must have:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in education, early childhood development or community development
- Training in family literacy
- 3 –5 years experience in family literacy, preferably in the NWT
- Strong facilitation, consultation and team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written, verbal and computer skills
- The ability to travel, sometimes extensively.
This is a full-time, 15 month term position with the possibility of renewal and is based in Yellowknife. Salary is based on the candidate’s abilities and experience. You can download a copy of the job description from our website: www.nwtliteracy.ca, or call our office for more information.
Employment is dependent on a successful criminal records check.
Submit resumes by Monday, November 22, 2021 at 5:00 pm to:
NWT Literacy Council
The NWT Literacy Council is a non-government territorial organization that promotes and supports the development of literacy in all official languages of the NWT.